Mr. Hive Kitchen & Bar – Summer Berry Eton Mess
Get excited for summer with this not so traditional version of Berry Eton Mess from Mr. Hive Kitchen & Bar.
200g egg white
30g raspberry powder
200g egg yolk
300g blackcurrant puree
250g butter diced
2 leaves gelatin (soaked)
40g lemon juice
- Whip the whites till foamy, add 100g of sugar to the powder and mix.
- Slowly add the sugar to the whites and whip till stiff and shiny, add the raspberry sugar mix and whip till incorporated.
- Pipe onto silicone lined trays and dry out in the oven at 80 degrees, half fan, half power.
- Mix the yolk, eggs and sugar together, add the puree and lemon juice.
- Put on a bain marie, whisking at regular intervals till the mix thickens.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatin then whisk in the cold butter, pass and leave in the fridge to set.
- Once set fold through 250g whipped cream to every 250g curd, bag up and leave in the fridge for service.
Served with fresh berries and berry sauce.
To make a booking phone +61 3 9292 8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org